Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in the North Country

Sunday was our northern family Christmas. The head count was just around 30 and we had planned a ham with scalloped potatoes dinner. Brenda came home from Virginia and stayed with Dad. They worked hard on Saturday peeling and slicing potatoes. Then got up early Sunday morning to get them in the oven in time for dinner. I got a call on my way north that I might just want to stop and pick up some oven cleaner....
This is what I saw when I first got there. Not to bad of a spill.
Only the steam coming out of the oven, really wasn't just steam. It was smoke from the flames! This is after the oven cooled off. What a memory! It took 3 of us to clean it up and surprisingly doesn't look all that bad now. Wonder when Dad will cook again??
Ayla and Kelly sharing some hugs.
Laura next to Grandpa's tree. I can't get over how much of a little lady she is turning into.
Kelly wanted her picture taken with Uncle Alan and Aunt Brenda. It's nice that they were able to visit all the way from Virginia, as Laura tells.
Spending some time with my Dad. I must get my good looks from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment