Sunday, February 21, 2010

Birthday and Sap Prep

This weekend we were home. Eric and Amanda came over for dinner Saturday night and we celebrated my birthday. It's always fun when they come over. The girls were especially excited because they brought Jenny, the dog, with them.
Amanda and I enjoying our wine together. (Thanks Laura for taking our pic!)
A sampling we had with our pork loin dinner. And no we didn't consume all three bottles at one setting.
Today we started preparations for syrup season. First thing we had to do was move equipment around. The four-wheeler needed a little "jump" start after resting for the winter months.
Then we headed to the woods to start breaking trails. The weatherman predicted warmer temps for today. I wasn't really feeling them as we went through the woods.
As Gary broke open the trails I followed with the sled. The girls and I packed down the high spots.
Finished trail. The trees to the left will be lined with buckets next weekend.
Gary and Joe setting out buckets that will be hung next weekend. (Doesn't the tractor look nice back in operation?)
Kelly found her tree to place her buckets. (side note... all the fresh air had Kelly asleep by 6:10 tonight) If the weather cooperates next weekend, we're going to tap.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it's that time of year already. The Case looks like a brand new tractor. Hmm, I think I'm going to have to start drinking wine to hang with the relatives. I could always be the designated driver;)

    ReplyDelete