Saturday, May 8, 2010

Niagara Falls and more

It always seems to amaze me how quickly time goes by. It feels like it wasn't that long ago that the kids had spring break. Only the calendar says something different. Gary and I decided to take a mini-vacation with the girls. Our first stop was in Rochester. We visited the Strong Museum. Both of the girls enjoyed the Berenstain Bears exhibit as well as the Lego Castle. Another hit was the miniature Wegman's, where they had their own shopping cart for purchases. At the end there was a self-check out and they got their own receipt for shopping.
After Rochester, we headed over to Niagara Falls for the night.
Gary and Laura took their own trip over the falls.....
It was a little chilly at the falls, but the crowds were very light. A perfect time for us to go. We finished out our mini-vacation back home with a trip to the MOST followed by dinner at Chuck E Cheese. Tonight I was blessed with two clean little girls for Mother's Day. I'm thinking there can't be anything better than that. Unless you consider a freshly painted kitchen with flowers from your family a special treat for Mother's Day. Which I do! Gary and Laura brought me these flowers. My favorite! Daisy's and pink roses. I'm a lucky mom.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the kitchen!!!! Nice vacation pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice trip for all. I love the horse in the first pic. Hope you're having a great day. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete