Monday, August 31, 2009

Boating and Berries

Another week gone by, which means another week of summer is gone. Not that there has been much of summer weather this year. But we are still enjoying our time on Sixberry. This weekend was a little cooler with some showers. It didn't stop some boaters though. Here is the captain and his crew. (aka Grandpa and the girls) The girls are learning quickly to be ready at the dock with their ropes. After a ride around the lake, we tested some wallpaper on one of the camp walls. Earlier this summer we put new sheet rock on another wall that had some water damage. That wall needs to be painted. We tested the wallpaper wall to see how stuck it really was. The girls learned quickly how to give it a tug.
The stripped wall after some rough sanding. Ready for a coat of paint. I think I found 4 different styles of paper. I remember the old green that we had at the camp when Mom and Dad bought the place 27 years ago. Mom quickly changed that to some floral print and the last was put up in 1994. Guess it's time for a change.
One of the fun things I remember as a kid at Sixberry, are the blackberries. This weekend was prime picking. The hill was covered with them. More than I ever remember. My summer sister, Cristina, and I would pick these and eat them before we could get them back to our camps. Grandpa and the girls each had a cup to fill.
Kelly took her berry picking very seriously. I think she stripped this whole vine before moving onto the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment