Monday, July 6, 2009

The Fair and Fourth

Wednesday was opening day of the Oswego County Fair. Gary and I decided to take the day off and enjoy Children's Day at the fair. We waited to tell the girls until the night before knowing they would be excited. They enjoyed the rides, crafts, animals, tractors and of course the ice cream. The rides were a huge hit. The last ride they chose was the Super Slide. Kelly was the first and we only had enough tickets for them to each take a turn. I was really nervous with Kelly going to the top by herself. She was to quick for me and scooted right to the top. I asked the worker if there was someone at the top to help. I was told "yup". Before I knew it Kelly blew right past the worker and hopped on the slide. And away she went! I was so stunned I didn't get to the bottom quick enough to get her before she scooted back up to the top again.

Laura had to test out the equipment. Look at what she chose..... Big surprise there.

Both girls made a sand jar at the craft booth. I think they make great paper weights. They were baby food jars cleaned out with layers of colored sand.

After the fair we headed north Friday for the 4th of July! Sixberry started out rainy and made us have s'mores inside via microwave. I don't think there were complaints. Saturday was questionable with the weather but look at how the night turned out. As it got darker the fireworks started. We were quick to hop in the boat to watch them from the middle of the lake. Thanks to our neighbors showing up with the good idea to head out. We left quickly and I left the camera in the camp. But we did have a nice camp fire after to come back to. And finally look who I found reorganizing my cupboards tonight.....

1 comment:

  1. Loved the pics. Looks like everyone had a great time. Gary looks very happy with his 'find'. Are you as happy;)

    ReplyDelete