Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hay, Lake and Birthday

Friday was a day of making hay for Gary. The ole Ford had a workout on the rake that day. This is the front field in front of the house that he was working on. Surprisingly, he managed to bale 69 round bales on the front 3 fields. Gary sporting his Father's Day hat the girls gave him.While Gary was in his happy place in the field, I went off to my happy place. Sixberry sunsets are awesome aren't they?There always seem to be a project to tackle at the cottage. This weekend we tackled a wall. Or I should say Dad and Dan tackled the wall.
Hmmm, now that it is tore down we'll need to assess the structure...And for another project, how about resurrecting the boat. This is the family boat that took many trips around the lake with the skis, tube and knee board. It's been resting the last 8 years. I'll leave the close up pictures for another time. It looks better from a distance at this point. This will be my vacation project next week. Cleaning it up and maybe ready to ride. I say maybe because I am not sure of the mechanical piece yet. Although, I had a nice interaction with the NAPA man today and educating him that it really was a fuel line that I wanted. It was just a little to chilly to swim for Kelly Sunday.Happy Birthday Kelly!!! Today my little girl turned 4! She enjoyed a Pizza Hut pizza, ice cream cake and some "garden cupcakes" made by Grandma. Jenny was even there to sniff out the situation. Notice her in the background keeping a close eye on things. Jenny is visiting this week while her "mom" and "dad" are on vacation in the Cape. Yummy, where do I start??Laura enjoying the party.
Kelly "unwrapping" her gift from Daddy. Trunk of the car works well for "wrapping". What other than a new tractor? I don't mind these new tractors coming home, it's when they get bigger that it becomes more of an issue. Kelly playing with her new tractor. She also got a new dollhouse, but decided to take the dolls from it for her tractor.

1 comment:

  1. Heh heh... Jenny's looking a little thin! Happy Birthday, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete